LIC Child CAREER Plan Table 184 & Child Future Plan Table 185
When it comes to your child career and future, you don’t want to take risk. Every parent want to give their child finest education and future. If you want to secure your child’s future then this is the best LIC plan for your child. LIC has two best Children’s Plans – LIC Child’s Career Plan and Child Future Plan. Both child plans are available for age group of 0 to 12 years.
The unique features of the twin plans are commencement of risk from the age of 5 years of the child subject to deferment period of 2 years, auto risk cover in case of non-payment of premiums for 2 years and free risk cover equal to the sum assured during extended term of 7 years from the date of maturity.
Premium Waiver Benefit (PWB)
Premium Waiver Benefit rider, can be availed of which waives the payment of future premiums falling due in the event of unfortunate death of the proposer during premium paying term. Premium Waiver Benefit is also available during 2 years’ auto cover period.
You can pay premium monthly, half yearly, or yearly.
Child’s Future Plan
Under Child Future Plan (Table 185) first money back installment amounts to 25% of sum assured followed by 4 annual installments @ 10% of sum assured and 50% of sum assured + vested bonus, and terminal bonus, if any is payable on maturity. Thus total returns being 115% of the sum assured + vested bonus & terminal bonus, if any.
115% Survival benefit:
- 5 yrs before the expiry date of policy term: 25% of the SA
- 4 yrs before the expiry date of policy term: 10% of the SA
- 3 yrs before the expiry date of policy term: 10% of the SA
- 2 yrs before the expiry date of policy term: 10% of the SA
- 1 yrs before the expiry date of policy term: 10% of the SA
on the expiry date of policy term:
- 50% of the S.A + Vested simple reversionary bonus + final additional bonus (FAB, if any.
Eligibility condition for LIC Child future plan:
- Min. age at entry: 0 year (lbd)
- Max. age at entry: 12 years (lbd)
- Min. S.A.: Rs. 1 lakh.
- Max. SA.: Rs 1 crore.
- SA in multiples: Rs. 5,000
- Min. Maturity age: 23 years.
- Max. Maturity age: 27 years.
- Modes Allowed: Yly/Hly/Qly/SSS
- Policy term: 11 to 27 years
- Max. Age end of PPT: 70 years (nbd).
- Premium paying Term: 6 years OR Term minus 5 years.
- PWB Prop. Age Min: 18 years completed.
- PWB Prop. Age Max: 55 years (nbd).
Who can take this policy?
Ideally, child’s father can take this policy. Mother can also proper, if she has her own income. Grand parent can also propose, if child’s parent agree. Legal guardian can propose if both parents are not alive.
When the risk cover will start for my child?
If your child is 12 years old, risk cover will commence immediately.
If the age at entry is more than 10 years but less than 12 years, the risk shall commence from the policy anniversary coinciding with or next following 12th birthday of the LA.
If age at entry is less than or equal to 10 years, the risk will commence either after 2 years from the DOC or from policy anniversary coinciding with or immediately following completion of 5 years age of LA, whichever is later.
How to Apply for Child future Plan?
Update: Child Future Plan Table 185 Has Been Discontinued.
The above is the product summary giving the key features of the plan. This is for illustrative purpose only. This does not represent a contract and for details please refer to your policy document.